Thursday, February 25, 2010

2010 Velonauts Ride

We will be hosting a ride from Indianapolis to Morgantown and back on Sunday March 7, 2010. The ride is approximately 50-60 miles and we will keep a pace that allows everyone to have a good time. We'll meet up at Calvin Fletcher's Coffee at 615 Virginia Ave in Indianapolis at 11:00 a.m. All cyclists are welcome. You only need to bring your bike, a lil' cash for food and drink and a willingness to have fun. If you have any questions, post a comment and we'll reply as promptly as we can. You can also call or text Jake at 317 205 2512 with any questions.

Bring as many gears as you'll need, some I'm sure will be doing this ride fixed, but many will have road bikes, the whole point is to just have fun.

14 comments:

  1. I'm game. I'll mark my calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were wondering if you wanted us to post this on INDYCOG, or if this was more of a Velonauts shindig for people who follow your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Christopher, post away, all are welcome...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a few people who are interested in coming along. Has anyone preplanned the route?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I'd love to do this, I've never done something like this before or really know how it works. would a virgin biker be able to do it. I bike on average only 30 mins a day.
    Hit me up - gnat@wolosunited.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jugo- The route is planned, we've ridden this route before, on the way to Bloomington, mostly back roads. Everyone is welcome, the more the merrier.

    @Nathaniel-If you're willing to push yourself, you're welcome. We will be riding at a fairly slow pace, we'll keep everyone somewhat together, but there are some hills and 60 miles is a difficult amount, if you feel you're up for it, you're welcome to ride.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im totally down. i've only ridden 30 miles at once and stopped because it was dark, i was alone,my ipod died and then i got bored. Would there be anything that i would need besides food and water?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool. Like I said, I've invited a few people, Charles above, and my friend Amanda.

    Not that I want to weigh the bike down, but I'll probably be taking at least one or both of my pannier bags if someone needs something carried. I kinda want to load up a bit for training purposes and to get a feel for the bike.

    We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Nathaniel: Food, water, layers, that's about it...

    @Jugo: I look forward to seeing the Masi in action, I think I'll break out the Raliegh for this lil' adventure, we'll see.

    -EN

    ReplyDelete
  10. 52~F on Sunday! Hoping the chance of rain in the forecast stays away!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anyone have an idea how many will be riding ?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would like to go, but I think I'm going to be hurting. I'm doing a stair climb charity on Saturday--2160 stairs...

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete